The Mathematics and Natural Sciences Library at UiB offers PhD candidates courses addressing publishing issues, advanced literature searching techniques and information management.
Theory and general principles are presented in plenary sessions on May 2nd 2017. Workshops offer hands-on experience, allowing you to search using your own research questions. Together, they cover:
- Minimum effort – efficiently finding scientific literature
- Making the most of scientific databases
- Publication impact – what does it mean
- Open access – increasing the impact of your thesis
- Managing & keeping track of references (EndNote)
We further invite you to sign up for additional guidance sessions on your own or in small groups, where we can address in detail specific questions you may have.