Introduction to the library
- What services does the library offer?
- How to get access to all e-books and databases from outside campus
- How to find material located at the University Library in Bergen
- How to order literature we don’t have
So you think you can search
- Differences between types of publication channels
- Differences in coverage and features of relevant databases
- Efficient and time-saving search techniques
- Screening your search results
- Staying current using updating and alerting services
Publication Impact and Open Access
In the first part we will present various publication metrics. We will explain the different metrics such as the journal impact factor, author mean citation count, h-index and the publication points according to the Norwegian system. We will also talk about how you can disseminate and increase the impact of your research by using academic network sites.
The second part will focus on the publishing process and copyright. We will explain different models for Open Access publishing and how you can apply for economic support to publish Open Access.
We will also show you how you can make your thesis open access.